Monday 6 June 2011

A Prayer To The God Of My Life

A Prayer To The God Of My Life

“Turn us back to You, O Lord, and we will be restored;
Renew our days as of old.
Unless You have utterly rejected us,
And are very angry with us.”  Lamentations 5:21 NKJV.

O God the Lord, I rejoice in Your declared promise that You will never forsake nor leave me, though I continue to sin and am a continual transgressor. I believe that You foresaw my sin and that before the foundation of the world You were crucified for all of my sin-my gross and black sin before my conversion and my sins in the light, that is, my sin since my regeneration. You were given to me as Lord and Savior before I was created and You have conquered and defeated my awful sin in Your timeless power; like an army which has routed it’s enemy, You have completely put away my sin-so that all of the sin of my life has been atoned for. O Lord, I rejoice that You will not utterly reject us, all who are Yours by faith, because we have truly been given Your wonderful grace. I rejoice, too, in Your power and strength of will to save Your people and I know that I, we, must confess our sins to You and repent of it all to walk truly in the light with You. And we can only receive Your wonderful grace, O Lord, so that Your turn us back to Yourself. Always turn us back to you Lord! And in this, Your giving us grace and Your turning us back to Your, we are restored! O God, my Lord, restore us, renew us, stir us, fill us. Holy Spirit, come and reform us, make us to be repentant, and revive us, Lord.

You have led us in blessed paths of fellowship with Yourself and we have enjoyed Your glory and goodness in remarkable ways-yet, we must cry out afresh, Lord, revive us and ignite the fire and zeal of our first love for You! Cause us to love You supremely O God; revive, renew, strengthen and reform Your true church throughout this great world that you have created. Move us forward and keep us from turning our backs to You because we are more than conquerors through Christ who has loved us! Conquer through us in increasingly wonderful and powerful ways O Lord! And have Your glory in this! O God, Your people have grieved Your Spirit and have experienced His departure, and Your utter rejection and anger-Your righteous anger. O God, keep us from grieving and quenching Your Spirit! May we receive Him in and by Your grace and may He fill us with the fullness of Christ. And then we shall personally and corporately love You deeply and truly, O Lord, and You shall be glorified and we shall rejoice in God and be continually turned to God, renewed as in days of old and walk in the blessed ways You intend for Your children! Glory to you O Lord forever, Father, Son and Spirit-forever You are Lord! Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment